● Challenge Begins: Submit your micro-kitchen ideas on FirstBuild (www.firstbuild.com) starting May 15th, 2014!
● Deadline: Submissions must be entered on FirstBuild site by July 2nd, 2014 at 11:59PM EDT
● Requirements & Deliverables: Does this entry meet the challenge requirements and deliverables?
● Overall, do you feel this entry appropriately captures and incorporates the challenge guidelines?
● Is this something that could be brought to life?
● Do you like the aesthetics of the actual design (not just the aesthetics of the presentation)?
● Would you want this micro-kitchen in your home? Would it improve the overall feel of your home?
● If it were actually in your home, would you use this micro-kitchen? Does it best optimize your kitchen space?
● Does this micro-kitchen seem attainable and accessible? Something you could see in your kitchen as opposed to just in a high end condo or magazine?
Judging Criteria (rated on a scale of 1-10, 10=excellent):
The FirstBuild community will choose the Top 10 designs through a variety of comments, likes, etc. From there, our Judges Panel will select the Top 4 designs from the Top 10 community-selected designs. The Top 4 winners will each receive a cash prize as well as be moved on to the BigApps Product Showcase.
Judges will include five high profile designers and innovators:
Graham Hill of TED Talk fame; founder of Life Edited; and one with a passion for doing more with less
Steve Diskin of the Pratt Institute, Industrial Design Chair
Alex Tepper of GE Corporate, Global Director of Innovation
Venkat Venkatakrishnan of FirstBuild, Lead Facilitator
Lou Lenzi of GE Appliances, Director of Industrial Design